Online Only Auction Bidding opens on July 26th and ends at 7:00 P.M. Thursday August 1st. Bid at www.billforbes.com.
Property consists of a commercial tract, which was formerly used as the office and storage area for Worth Hare Movers of Edenton, NC. This tract can be used is zoned R-20, but is grandfathered in and can be used for commercial purposes up to the extent of the previous use. Parcel can also be used for residential use. The adjoining lot located to the right of the former office of Worth Hare Movers will be included and both parcels will be sold together. The two parcel addresses are 147 and 201 Mexico Road Edenton, NC. The total lot size of both tracts consists of 4.40 +/- acres.
Pre-Auction offers will be considered! Property is currently listed at $99,000.
Property includes a building with an office and garage area with 4 garage doors. Also included is a covered shelter, storage building, greenhouse, and other miscellaneous buildings on the property. Ideal property for storage of equipment or various small businesses.
1. Auctioneers are the AGENTS OF THE SELLERS in this transaction and Buyer’s are cautioned to throughly read the agency disclosure statement located within these terms and contions.
2. Property is being offered “as is, where is” with no warranties as to condition or purpose of use.
3. There will be a 10% Buyer’s Premium added to the high bid and the total amount of the high bid and the “Buyer’s Premium” will be the CONTRACT PURCHASE PRICE.
4. The high bidder will be required to sign the Offer To Purchase and Contract according to these terms and conditions and displayed elsewhere in this “Bidders’ Package”. In addition, buyer must an Earnest Money Deposit of $5,000 BEFORE 5:00 PM ON AUGUST 2ND 2019. The balance of the purchase price must be paid in cash or certified funds at the delivery of the deed, which is to be no later than three o’clock on the 30th day of September 2019.
5. The Earnest Money Deposit is to be made payable to United Country Forbes Realty & Auctions, LLC and held in a non-interest bearing trust account until closing or dispersed as provided by the purchase contract.
6. If Buyer fails to perform as specified in the offer to purchase contract, the earnest money deposit will be forfeited to the SELLER and Auction Firm as liquidated damages. Such forfeiture does not affect any other remedies available to Seller and/or Auction Firm for such breach of contract.
7. Seller furnish the deed at closing. Buyer will pay all other closing costs, including the Perquimans County One Percent “Land Transfer Tax” and Revenue Stamps. County Real Estate Taxes will be prorated at closing, with seller paying all prior year taxes and current year taxes from January 1st 2019 through the day of closing.
8. The Offer To Purchase Contract and it’s terms will prevail as to the terms of the agreement between buyer and seller.
9. The subject real property is sold for cash and not contingent on financing. Buyers should be sure of their ability to obtain a loan on the property if a loan is necessary for Buyers to complete the purchase. In the event the buyers are unable to obtain a loan and do not close the transaction, Buyers will and agree to forfeit any and all Earnest Money Deposits to Sellers and Auction Firm as liquidated damages. Forfeiture of Earnest Money does not release buyers from any other legal remedies due Sellers and Auction Firm.
10. This property is available to qualified buyers who have registered for this auction, including auctioneer, and/or employees of auctioneer.
11. THE AGENT (FIRM) SHALL CONDUCT ALL BROKERAGE ACTIVITIES IN REGARD TO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT RESPECT TO THE RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP AND/OR FAMILIAR STTUS OF ANY PARTY OR PROSPECTIVE PARTY TO THE AGREEMENT. FURTHER, REALTORS HAVE AN ETHICAL DUTY TO CONDUT SUCH ACTIVIES WITHOUT RESPECT TO THE SEXUAL ORIENATION OR GENDER IDENTITY OF ANY PARTY OR PROSPECTIVE PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT.
12. NO BIDDER on the real estate may be declared the high bidder unless they are properly registered to bid on the real estate and sign the property forms for bidder registration.
13. All inspections periods, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, STRUCTURAL, HVAC, LEAD BASE PAINT AND OTHER ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENTS, shall be PRIOR TO THE AUCTION and no inspection conducted after the auction and after the signing of the Purcahse Contract shall be grounds for not performing as specified in the purchase contract.
By bidding at this auction, Buyer acknowledges that they have received a copy of these Terms and Conditions and that they have had the opportunity to read and understand them and agrees to abide by them in this auction.